This position exists for the purpose of maintaining an adequate supply of parts for use by the field service mechanics in repairing customer machines or for sale to customers thus ensuring the aftermarket needs of customers are satisfactorily met.
Nature and Scope:
The incumbent may supervise a parts administrative clerk and/or a shipping and receiving clerk. The primary responsibility of the Parts Coordinator is to maintain an adequate supply of parts in order to provide efficient after-market support of customers.
The relationship of this individual to customers is critical in maintaining customer loyalty. In order to maintain customer satisfaction, this incumbent must reconcile shortages, overages, or warranty differences with customers in a manner that is fair to both the customer and the company. The Parts Coordinator furnishes customers with recommended parts inventory. The incumbent must expedite delivery on emergency or back orders in order to accommodate the customer. The incumbent must make weekend and night emergency parts calls, when necessary.
The Parts Coordinator maintains a research cross-reference file in order to correctly identify parts. The incumbent may be required to contact the home office to obtain prices on special parts and assemblies.
• Maintains adequate parts inventory for machines in area of responsibility. Reorders as necessary.
• Maintains a research cross-reference file in order to correctly identify parts. Obtains prices on special parts and assemblies from the Research Analyst at headquarters office.
• Furnishes customers with recommended parts inventory. Trains customers in the use of parts catalogs and PSO cards.
• Keeps record of all parts assigned to field service mechanics and ensures all unused parts for a specific job are returned to inventory.
• Expedites daily parts shipments. Expedites delivery on emergency or back order items to accommodate customer.
• Maintains listed telephone contact number in local telephone directory to enable customer contact after normal working hours.
• Handles warranty claims and follows through to completion.
• Assists supervisor in proper storage and disposal of EPA controlled waste.
• Supervises service center in absence of Service Center Manager.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent.
• Background in parts sales a plus.
• Excellent telephone skills.
• Must be in physical condition as job requires lifting, stooping, and bending.
• Operate equipment such as forklift.
• Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record in order to be insured by company auto insurance policy.
*Must be able to operate small forklift
Our latest jobs
Ladson South Carolina
Santa Ana California
Cowpens South Carolina
Spartanburg South Carolina
$24 - $28
Valdosta, Georgia Valdosta
$42000 - $55000
29 September 2020
11 August 2020