Our client is seeking a dependable, upbeat Warehouse Technician that wants to be part of a dynamic company, in a team working environment.
To ensure processes, methods and workflow consistently meet the expectations set by the organization and current service level agreements for shipping and receiving.
To actively engage in peer-to-peer coaching and mentoring of team members in work assignments, methods and performance.
To identify improvement opportunities and work with the warehouse team and management to define, analyze, measure, implement and sustain.
To use advanced problem-solving skills to resolve issues and errors.
To use strong communication and active listening skills to work effectively across all functional teams in the delivery of Fast, Friendly Service.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• Accuracy and efficiency in order picking, packaging, shipping and receiving of materials.
• Perform periodic cycle counts in accordance with current Cycle Count SOP.
• Accurately perform all ‘customer special services’ as directed through special instructions.
• Monitor shelf life sensitive materials according to current SOP and act to avoid expired material in inventory, rotate stock as needed to preserve FIFO.
• Monitor material storage and bin locations, periodically consolidate duplicate locations; perform slotting analysis to optimize storage and improve workflow.
• Must maintain valid certification for forklift operations.
• Responsible to learn any unique or specialized processes according to product and/or customer requirements and demonstrate competency by accurately performing the work.
• Must be able to read and understand various technical documents and specifications in order to comply with product handling requirements or customer requirements.
• Responsibilities may include light fabrication or assembly work. Must be able to perform repetitive work processes using various tools and equipment and demonstrate competency by accurately and efficiently performing the work.
• Must maintain valid certification for one or both of the following regulating the transport of Dangerous Goods, as applicable: DOT / HazMat 49 CRF 172.704 (Domestic Hazardous Material Transportation) and/or IATA, regulations for International transport of Dangerous Goods.
• Must follow all federal and state compliance requirements in shipping and receiving products.
• Develop an understanding of the Quality Standard (ISO, AS, TS) to which your work location is certified, and demonstrate competency by performing your work in accordance with the established SOPs and work instructions.
• Responsible for preventive maintenance and incident reporting for warehouse safety.
• Encourage and actively participate in open and candid communications with coworkers and supervisory personnel to ensure full customer satisfaction.
• Must wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment, as required in the work area, while on duty.
• Must monitor warehouse safety and personnel access to warehouse area.
• Order shipment SLA: All valid and correct orders printed to warehouse by the local cut-off time must ship same day. Maintain => 95% performance; errors not to exceed .75% of invoice orders per month
• Order/Inventory Picking Accuracy: Warehouse Caused Credits <= 0.01% of invoiced orders
• Receiving SLA: All PO lines delivered to the warehouse by the local cut-off time are received same day. Maintain =>99.5% performance to objective.
• Cycle Count accuracy: => 98%.
• Shelf life accuracy: => 98%.
• Other objectives as assigned by the business.
• General Warehouse Maintenance and Housekeeping
Education & Experience
• High School diploma or GED required
• 4+ years warehouse operations experience, preferably from industrial, electronics assembly, or Aerospace and Defense distribution disciplines.
• 4+ years inventory management experience (cycle counting and reconciliation, Non-conforming product handling, Shelf life sensitive items, temperature monitoring, etc.)
• 2+ years’ experience working with Distribution software systems, Warehouse management system experience (wireless RF gun) is a plus.
• Some supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
• Intermediate or higher level computer/software skills
• Strong Organizational Skills / Attention to Detail.
• Very good communication skills (actively listens, seeks to understand, asks questions, shares ideas, encourages open communication)
• Attitude towards service, willing to help others, strong team orientation, displays ownership mentality, champion for change, doing what it takes to get the job done.
• Has an eagerness to learn beyond the bounds of current role, has desire to be a leader, displays patience with current role but looks for opportunities to participate at a higher level.
• Sense of urgency in responsiveness, good attendance and punctuality is expected.
• Ability to Adapt to Workplace Environment & Organizational Change.
• Can apply continuous improvement methods (Lean, Six Sigma) to improve work performance and efficiency.
• Good technical acuity; ability to interpret test results, understand technical data and engineering specifications; use intermediate math skills to perform certain calculations following a defined process
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, previous employment verification, federal and county criminal background check
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Has current DOT 49CFR / IATA DG certifications or is willing to complete the necessary training within 90 days of hire.
• May be required to possess a valid driver’s license and be subject to periodic DMV checks
• Training or certification in Lean or Six Sigma methods, helpful but not required
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. if necessary
• Ability to stand for long periods of time daily
• Able to perform repetitive activities as required
• Handles fluctuations in warehouse temperatures
•Ability to drive a forklift and follow safety standards
Potential Career Path
• Warehouse Supervisor , Warehouse Manager, Operations Manager, Integrated Supply Manager
Our latest jobs
Lake Forest orange
Spartanburg South Carolina
Cowpens South Carolina
Lyman South Carolina
Lyman South Carolina
Lyman South Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina