You are subscribed to our push notifications, but not currently for jobs like this.
Would you like to receive notifications for jobs like this as well?
Great news! You are subscribed to receive alerts for jobs similar to this one.
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
• Direct hire position
• In Office
The Facility General Manager reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Services and has direct responsibility for an assigned Transfer, Storage, and Disposal Facility which includes waste management, health & safety, compliance, profit & loss, and staffing.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and always acting in a safe manner.
• Manages labor to assure operating costs are in line with budgeted and projected revenue.
• Labor management includes all employee hours worked, overtime hours worked, hiring, terminations, and performance appraisals.
• Responsibilities also include labor relations, and management in accordance with worker’s compensation regulations and laws.
• Manages processing of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes according to specified requirements including RCRA, DOT, customer requirements, and least cost routing.
• Intimately knowledge of all facility specific capabilities and processing technologies including, but not limited to, wastewater treatment, fuels blending, incineration, lab pack processing, blending, bulking, shredding, pumping.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 7+ years industry experience preferred
• 6+years of plant operations experience.
• 3+ years of management experience
• Working knowledge of environmental statutes and regulations.
• Strong mechanical ability.
• Able to make real-time decisions in the field.
LOCATION: Bristol, Connecticut
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law.
For more information, or to apply, contact Rebecca Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
03 February 2022
27 January 2022