- Receive and understand specific daily job assignments, work priorities and work instruction
- Prepare and clean product using various methods including: air, water, sandblasting, etc
- Receive, check and verify sub-parts needed for job work order(s); fix/resolve discrepancies
- Assemble any and all units correctly using job parts list, drawings, specifications and
- Test assemblies at both in-process and final check points as per documented test procedures
- Input all build data and accurately voucher time and materials into manufacturing software
- Meet and sustain established quality and production volume performance criteria
- Organize, clean and maintain work area, tools, equipment, etc. daily in a safe and secure
- Establish and maintain effective, positive and professional communication with all co-workers
- Train other technicians in all elements of manufacturing assembly and test.
SPECIFIC DUTIES ASSIGNED:
*Must be able to meet all the Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Technician Class B (#797)
Cleaning, Preparation, Assembly & Test
Follow specific written and oral instruction for cleaning and prepping of product
• Set-up and/or breakdown all equipment, fixtures, tooling, etc for production and prototype
• Proficiently produce simple and complex components at the highest standards.
• Assure all department work centers and related areas are safely maintained, clean and
• Perform, teach and monitor routine and preventative maintenance of machines and equipment.
• Anticipate, identify, resolve and/or notify supervisor of maintenance issues.
• Monitor workstation(s) queue volume; notify supervisor as needed to assure smooth efficient
• Review, request and/or verify tooling is complete and ready for set-ups well in advance of
• Make recommendations for improvements to all processes, procedures and policies.
• Assist supervisor in ensuring department production, efficiency and safety goals are met.
• Work with Engineering and Quality to identify process strengths, weaknesses and alternatives.
• Provide support to engineering for development of parts and processes.
• Demonstrate proficiency in flow bench-related programming and software as applicable.
Quality Assurance – Inspection Preparation and Cleaning
Follow specific written and/or oral instruction to:
• Promote, guide and assist others to meet Quality policy, ISO standard, customer expectations,
• Perform intricate First Piece Inspections within the scope of assembly and test Quality
• Instruct and mentor department members on part cleanliness, uniformity, workmanship, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
Must be able to handle and process information in a timely and confidential manner Must be able to
read, write and speak in English language and be understood
Must be able to interact diplomatically with people - both in person and on the telephone Must be
able to read, interpret and understand drawings, routers and process specifications
Must be able to receive and understand training by various methods: written, on-the-job, computer,
etc. Must be able to assemble product correctly and be able to recognize and fix mistakes
Must be able to regularly and consistently meet production and quality performance metrics Must be
able to understand and successfully complete multiple tasks and projects
Must be able to work independently and make good, sound and timely decisions Must be able to learn
and accurately use company computer software programs
Must be able to understand and fully support the company Mission, Safety and Quality policies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must possess and be able to produce a verifiable High School Diploma / GED
of applicable experience in a manufacturing and/or production environment
6:00 AM -4:30 PM Mon – Fri
Our latest jobs
Goose Creek South Carolina
Florence South Carolina
$42000 - $55000
Charleston South Carolina
Goose Creek South Carolina
Greenville South Carolina
$40518 - $40518.40
11 August 2020
30 July 2020