Position: Team Leader
Objective of the Position: Oversees monitors and coordinates Production Team Members activities, giving importance to individual members and overall team achievement in achieving policy deployment objectives.
Essential Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
• Analyze and resolve work problems, or assist team members in solving work-related issues.
• Assist with monitoring quality of product/processes, quality audits, maintaining quality system, and other items as needed.
• Enforce company policies and safety regulations.
• Examine material or product for weld defects such as cracks, pits, and incomplete welds.
• Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Knowledgeable of all Production Team Members’ responsibilities.
• Participates in daily activities as required.
• Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Reject defective parts, and marks type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag.
• Responsible for maintaining 5S in department and periodically participating with audit process.
• Responsible for training new employees.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Minimum three years’ related experience and/or training in manufacturing setting.
• Must be able to use calipers.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and SAP software.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, and write simple correspondence.
• Knowledge of continuous improvement of products for manufacturability.
• Project Management- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Strives to continuously improve expertise, knowledge and skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks smoothly in situations containing a moderate to high level of stress.
• Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• The ability to follow-up on projects and ensure all items are completed on time with all necessary data required and supporting documentation.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
• Takes responsibility for own actions; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Ability to be self-motivated and to work with minimum supervision.
• Ability to effectively present information to customers, supplier, coworkers and management.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to work as a Team Member towards overall company objectives. Teamwork – Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Communicate and present proper information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Customer Service – Ability to manage difficult customers Responds promptly to their needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Initiative- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets other’s attention.
• Interpersonal skills-Focuses on solving conflict.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions based on gathered facts; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process, Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation- Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with dignity, respect and consideration.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• This position involves working indoors around mechanical and hazards, fumes, irritants, with exposure to cold, heat and high noise levels under adverse conditions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
Sits: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Stands: Continuously 5.5 - 8 hours daily
Walks: Continuously 5.5 - 8 hours daily
Lift/Carry 0-10 lbs.: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Lift/Carry 10-20 lbs.: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Lift/Carry 20-50 lbs.: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Lift/Carry 50- over 100 lbs.: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Reach Above: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Bend/Stoop: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Use Hands for Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Use Hands for Manipulations: Occasionally .25 - 2.5 hours daily
Stress Level of Job: Low
Our latest jobs
$52000 - $58000
South Houston Texas
Spartanburg South Carolina
Goose Creek South Carolina
Goose Creek South Carolina
$10 - $11