Performs equipment maintenance and troubleshooting in the Central Utility Plant to include steam systems, chilled water systems, Boilers, Chillers, Air Compressors and other equipment.
• Ensure the appropriate safety practices are followed.
• Ensure all certification and training is in accordance with the site requirements.
• Implement required safety standards.
General Duties (include but not limited to):
• Repairs and maintains equipment such as Boilers, Chillers, Air compressors, Motors and steam and chilled water systems, using hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments.
• Ability to observe mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
• Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools and power tools. • Lubricates and cleans parts and equipment.
• Ability to set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• May be required to repair electrical equipment after a licensed electrician has made sure the power has been properly isolated.
• Knowledge of Variable Speed Drives, setup, maintenance and trouble shooting.
• General housekeeping and keeping the areas worked in clean and neat.
• Assist Operators in cleaning of Plate frame heat exchangers as required.
• Assist Operators in cleaning of chiller condenser / evaporator tubes as required.
• Ability to be self-directed and manage work that is assigned by requested completion dates.
• Availability to work after hours (early morning or late night), weekends and holidays as required. Occasionally provide 24 hour on-call coverage. • Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
• High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED). Prefer at least three years’ experience with utility plant maintenance.
• 2-year Building Utility Mechanic (BUM) degree preferred or three years of experience in a related field of work.
• General knowledge and understanding of controls systems including BAS (building automation systems) and PLC (programmable logic controllers), pneumatic controls and the following types of controlled equipment: motors, pumps, valves, air handling units, variable frequency drives, heat exchangers, pressure sensors, flow meters, temperature probes, chillers, boilers and air compressors.
• Knowledge and practical experience with calibration of field instrumentation (e.g. pressure, temperature, flow and level). Knowledge and practical experience with electronics (e.g. testing, troubleshooting and calibrating). Controls systems programming experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Products, creating and updating files in the following: (Excel, Word, Power Point and Lotus Notes)
• Knowledge of standard maintenance practices.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Universal Refrigerant License required
• Preferred - MN Engineers License Second Class Grade B or above
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet, cold, hot, and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee must wear appropriate PPE to mitigate the effects of such conditions and events. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Target pay range is $25-34/hour DOE.
Our latest jobs
Santa Ana California
Santa Ana California