This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Responsible to conduct field or laboratory testing, sampling, or inspection services
• Contacts dispatcher/coordinator for priorities and deadlines both in the field and laboratory.
• Meets with contractor's supervisors, architect's representatives or other project leaders on project sites to discuss and coordinate testing, sampling, or inspection of construction materials or construction procedures.
• Insures the safe utilization, storage and maintenance of all nuclear gauges.
• Updates supervisor and dispatcher on progress and delays on every project.
• Insures safe usage and maintenance of individually assigned company vehicle and field equipment.
• Meets established project deadlines.
• Submits accurate and complete inspection reports on a daily basis.
• Ability to read and understand instructions, labels, reports, etc.
• Ability to travel to project sites and maneuver over rough and uneven terrain.
• Presents a professional appearance to best represent the firm.
• Ability to comply with all attendance and tardy requirements as per company policy.
• High school or GED certification.
• Utilize hand tools such as sledge hammers, shovels and picks.
• Possess valid Texas drivers license and meet company's auto insurability requirements.
• Oral and written skills to communicate problems, status of work, daily reports, etc.
• Basic Math skills to analyze sample results
Preferred (But not Required) Certifications:
• Completion of Troxler Manufacturing or equal radiation safety course to utilize nuclear gauges.
• Completion of Technician Training and Certification Program (TTCP) from the Texas State Highway and Transportation Department, or ability to complete within 6 months of employment.
• Either ACI Concrete or SB102 or higher certifications, or ability to obtain within six months of employment.
1. Works outside and is subject to weather conditions.
2. Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards and dangerous chemical/solvents if proper safety procedures are not followed.
3. Exposed to noise, dust, fumes, radiant and electrical energy.
4. Works on ladders and scaffolding.
5. May work protracted or irregular hours.
6. Flexibility to work irregular hours due to client needs.
7. Work related responsibilities require travel out of town to clients offices and project locations.
Our latest jobs
Goose Creek South Carolina
Florence South Carolina
$42000 - $55000
Charleston South Carolina
Greenville South Carolina
Greenville South Carolina
$40518 - $40518.40
11 August 2020
30 July 2020