This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
TRS Craft Services is looking to hire a CNC Maintenance Technician for an Aerospace Company located in the city of Santa Ana, CA
As a member of the Maintenance team, this role is responsible for effectively troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues on CNC equipment including aligning equipment and reading schematics. Be familiar with milling and turning equipment. This role is an hourly (non-exempt) classified position.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform mechanical repairs (and rebuild) on all machines
- Perform machine leveling and alignment on all machines
- Pull and replace machine linear guides and ball screws.
- Able to work with complex NC machine up to & including 5 Axis
- Electrical & Electronic: Diagnose, locate and correct malfunctions of electrical & electronic systems such as machine controls, recorders, servo/axis drives, servo motors, defective transformers, relays, contactors, fuses, sensors, etc.
- Knowledge of OEM machine controllers (FANUC, Siemens and NIT).
- Support with scheduling PM, reading report, diagrams and drawings
- Plan, layout, and fabricate replacement parts for major rebuilding of precision machine tools were set up and operation to exacting tolerances is required
- Plan methods required to maintain, test, repair, or modify various types of industrial electronic controls and systems.
- Analyze and coordinate resolutions of technical problems or assist when solving problems including contacts outside own department as required.
- Interface with manufacturers online tech support when needed
- Recommend improved work methods and procedures, assist in training employees
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Perform related work as required
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) plus 5 years of CNC maintenance experience
- Must have solid mechanical background of maintenance experience working with CNC machines, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and programmable logic controls as well as having various electrical mechanical
- Must be able to read schematics and parts drawings, perform routine preventive maintenance on machines and facilities, and be proficient with the use of a multi meter.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Competence in shop math such as working with fractions and decimals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have basic computer skills, MS Office program, and have ability to enter data in various software systems.
Strong communication skills
Ability to analyze, rebuild, repair NC machinery and other types of equipment
Excellent customer service to co-workers, customers, and vendors
Works collaboratively and respects all others
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
AS9100 trained & experience
Training with Mori Seiki, Makino, Cincinnati Milacron, OKK, SNK and Kuraki Machines
Working knowledge of tool Probing function for CNC Mill Machines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to stand at least 6 to 8 hours a day. Must be able to work with their hands, arms, and be extremely accurate. Must be able to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl on a regular basis. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to wear a respirator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving high-speed machinery and mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. outside weather conditions, machine oils, metal fillings, acetone, paints, solvents, grease, cutting fluids, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock or vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
The Company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Our latest jobs
Lake Forest orange
Spartanburg South Carolina
Cowpens South Carolina
Lyman South Carolina
Lyman South Carolina
Lyman South Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina