This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
On a production basis, performs moderate mechanical assembly work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Lays out reference points, fabricates, and assembles structures according to engineering specifications, using hand tools and portable power tools.
• Confers with liaison personnel to determine assembly priorities.
• Reads blueprints and engineering specifications to plan assembly of structures.
• Scribes cutting and bending lines on prefabricated metal parts using precision measuring and layout instruments.
• Cuts, drills and trims parts according to layout, using hand tools and portable power tools, such as drills, electric saws, and grinders.
• Fits and assembles component structural parts preparatory to final assembly using hand tools.
• Reworks assembled structures according to engineering specification changes.
• Verifies symmetry of structures, using measuring instruments.
• Sets and aligns components to specifications and engineering drawings.
• Fastens components per specifications, torque, and use of measurement tools.
• Perform standard assembly procedures, perform rework, and repair on manufactured equipment and products.
• Apply basic mechanical assembly skills.
• Installation of mechanical components onto trucks.
• Safety work boots required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Candidates have 1-2 years related mechanical assembly experience preferably in an automotive or aerospace environment
• Have very good understanding of fastening systems, torque, measurements tools and other assembly techniques.
• Know how to use different tools and equipment to assemble units according to required specifications in a particular area of a production line.
• Previous experience/ability to read engineering drawings.
• Must be willing to undergo drug screen and background check
• Must be authorized to work in the US
Our latest jobs
Goose Creek South Carolina
Florence South Carolina
$42000 - $55000
Charleston South Carolina
Greenville South Carolina
$40518 - $40518.40
11 August 2020
30 July 2020