This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
No Job Hoppers - NO MORE THAN 2 JOBS IN LAST FIVE YEARS
What will you be doing?
As the contract Warehouse Associate/Clerk you will assist the Warehouse Supervisor with specific warehouse projects to increase its functionality, increase inventory accuracy and lower delivery times. 60% of each week will be spent on such warehouse projects. The remaining 40% of each week, you will be learning warehouse operations which will increase inventory accuracy and lower delivery times. The Clerk will also assist with end-year inventory count.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, forklifts, box cutters and tape dispensers. Packing/shipping construction equipment parts for afternoon pickup.
Work hours are M-F 8am – 5pm
Organization / Consolidation**
• Organize under carriage
• Organize and label parts placement for increased efficiency of sales and lower fill order rates
• Continue Hose organization
• Cycle Count
• Each day clerk will count 50 units
• Review, Label and Organize small parts on automated storage machines
• Lead Yard and Container cleanout
Other Job Duties
Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
• Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
• Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas using hand trucks and/or forklifts.
• Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
• File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
• Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
• Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
• Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
• Open bales, crates and other containers.
• Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
• Assist in counting of physical inventory.
• Weigh and count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
• Complete requisition forms to order supplies from other departments.
• Prepare parcels for mailing.
• Sweep, dust and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
• Wear the proper safety equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
2-3 years of prior warehouse associate experience.
Our latest jobs
Spartanburg South Carolina
$26 - $28
Mt Pleasant South Carolina
$48000 - $54080
Hope Mills NC
29 March 2021