This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
***Must be available to work weekends
The Process Technician is responsible to ensure the molding process is being run as per processing requirements. This position requires excellent troubleshooting and mold setup skills. Can assist and coordinate daily activities of production workers engaged in operating plastic molding equipment that produce plastic molded parts. This position requires interaction with the other Shift Supervisors and Mold Techs/leads to coordinate shift operations, excellent troubleshooting skills, a thorough knowledge of the various equipment, resins and their characteristics. Provide direction for all employees and shift activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible to, develop, train and coach production team leaders, cell leaders, operators and material personnel within the department, ensuring that they contribute to the company objectives.
• Review master schedule in order to plan, direct daily production, and ensure production and quality requirements are achieved.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding of productivity guidelines on your shift (scrap, utilization, meeting standards).
• Ensure all work centers are running with approved cycle sheets and correct scheduled work orders.
• Assign, direct, and follow up with Production team to establish and maintain safety procedures, production, quality control standards, daily priorities, good housekeeping practices, and clean working environment.
• Verify machines are operating according to standard cycles, allowable scrap, work instructions and quality plan; ensure downtime codes and scrap codes are entered on time into IQMS.
• Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and direct support teams with adjustment of machines.
• Support the implementation, achievement, and maintenance of the Quality and Environmental Policies and Procedures.
• Coordinate and direct technicians, material handlers, and leads priorities with troubleshooting and problem solving to support production schedule, and follow established action plans for processes out of range.
• Support quality control for production start-up, including limit sample approval, machine start-up, shift supervisor’s notice of quality defect, and any quality control issues that arise during the shift.
• Coordinate tooling and equipment usage, repair and maintenance to meet production schedule. Ensure work orders for maintenance or tooling issues are performed and maintained.
• Assigns and coordinate daily preventive mold cleaning for all production presses per procedure and schedule.
• Ensure established purge procedure is maintained and line clearance is performed per work instructions.
• Train production personnel to follow and sustain 5s practices, quality standards, work instructions, accurate floor dispositions, SOP’s and MRB procedures, data collection and reporting, and all other company procedures.
• Record any process changes to log when deviating from standard process and follow escalation procedure.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School Diploma or equivalent or 2 years in a plastic injection molding manufacturing environment.
2. Knowledge of ISO standards.
3. Must have good interpersonal skills with ability to motivate employees.
4. Strong technical and organizational skills.
5. Able to plan and organize daily activities, analyze data and react to changes and challenges.
6. Ability to communicate and present effectively in both written and oral form required.
7. Must be proficient in MS Office.
Our latest jobs
$52000 - $58240
Florence South Carolina
Browns Summit North Carolina
Goose Creek South Carolina
$35172 - $42640
Greenville South Carolina
$52000 - $58240
South Houston Texas
11 August 2020
30 July 2020