Performs a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities including entering new hires into the payroll system, posting changes in pay and tax status, processing the payroll for US employees and ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations. This position requires working knowledge and experience with Paylocity. This role works closes with Human Resources and will be assigned other duties as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience utilizing Paylocity to manage employee records and payroll.
• Maintenance of all employee records in payroll including new hires, separations, wage rates changes, deductions, etc.
• Ensuring payroll is accurate and timely.
• Run reports for other departments that include data for OSHA reporting, billable hours, year-end reports and other.
• Ensure state and local tax information is set up correctly in payroll system and maintained.
• Manage governmental reporting obligations.
• Ensure that all garnishments and levies are done in accordance with the law.
• Coordinate with Human Resources to ensure that employee deductions for health, dental and retirement contributions are accurate for the respective plans.
• Accurately process biweekly payroll for employees and process off-cycle, termination, direct deposit and reversal payments as needed. Additionally, process all employee payroll changes (status changes, direct deposits, W4, etc.) when necessary.
• Follows up with employees regarding payroll issues and or questions. Serves as employee contact and resource regarding timekeeping records, paychecks, and benefit eligibility related questions.
• Obtain waivers for new hires who do not elect to enroll in one or more benefits.
• Ensures PTO for all employees is calculated correctly.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Consistent and regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 1 year experience functioning in Paylocity Payroll System.
• Language Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning Ability:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• Work Environment:
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Other Duties:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our latest jobs
South Houston Texas