A Millwright will install, assemble, dismantle, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair machinery to specifications. Millwrights use precision tools and processes to ensure that the machinery is installed and working correctly.
• Must have experience with industrial machinery installation, repair, and maintenance.
• Must know how to read blueprints, schematic drawings, and engineering specifications and understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
• Must have experience using industrial hand tools and power tools
• Must have all Journeyman Precision Millwright hand tools
• Minimum 4-5 years industrial construction/maintenance experience
• Minimum of 3 years Millwright experience in Industrial facility
• Works with industry-specific and high complex precision machines including but not limited to ball mills, ID fans, lube coil skids, turbines, conveyors, generators, hydraulic systems, pumps, gears, bearings, compressors, etc.
• Will plan, inspect, verify and document scope of work
• Uses precision leveling and alignment tools in order to measure angles, material thickness and small distances with calipers, squares, micrometers, optical instruments and other tools.
• Will fit bearings, align gears and wheels, attach motors and connect belts according to manufacturer’s blueprints and drawings
• Will dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
• Assembles and installs equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails
• Assembles machines and bolts, welds, rivets and fastens machinery to foundations or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
• Operates engine lathes, grinders, and files.
• May construct foundations for machinery
• Fabricates and installs parts, equipment and machinery by measuring, cutting, drilling and/or welding
• Turns machine parts to dimensional specifications
• Will unload, inspect, move and set equipment into position using cranes, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
• Uses rigging and hoisting devices such as chokers, chain falls and come along to move equipment / materials into place
• Conducts preventative maintenance such as lubrication and fixing or repairing worn parts.
• Follows direction from supervisor
• Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance history experience
• Knowledge of hand tools, power tools and layout tools such as lasers, ultrasonic measuring and alignment tools, plumb bobs, cutting torches, welding machines, hydraulic torch wrenches, hydraulic stud tensioners, soldering guns and metal working equipment that includes lathes and grinding machines.
• Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
• Understand load properties of cables, ropes, hoists, and chains
• Demonstrated ability to use certified hand signals
• Organization and time management.
• Good problem-solving abilities
• Good aptitude and manual dexterity
• Knowledge of math concepts, geometry, and layout
• Demonstrated ability to lead others and provide detailed instructions
• Good reading comprehension
• Ability to work with others – team player
• Ability to work independently – minimal supervision
• Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
Our latest jobs
Goose Creek South Carolina
Florence South Carolina
$42000 - $55000
Charleston South Carolina
Greenville South Carolina
Greenville South Carolina
$40518 - $40518.40
11 August 2020
30 July 2020